whatshereads

What She Reads (UK)

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire I was totally floored by this book. At first I wasn't sure what to make out from the first couple of pages but after the first chapter it was hard to put down. I was addicted to know what was the next move for Travis + Abbey. I started this book at 9pm to read for an hour but I didn't put it down until I reached the half way point at 3am, and again the next day.

I think this book hits the nail on the head on dysfunctional/co-dependency relationships. The book is well written to the lifestyle and the fucked up relationship. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but i think there are some incredibly harsh reviews. This is a work of fiction & non-fiction because the characters may be made up but there are real people/relationships that end up this way. I don't think anyone is really saying they want to meet a "Travis" or be an "Abbey" because it's has a somewhat fairytale happy ending (and if they are then that's just silly), this book is told from the POV of Abbey and the opinions and choices are made by her a fictional character. I give it a 5* because I understand a relationship that is as messed up as this.